Ricoh Printers are user-friendly printing machines that do their job pretty well. However, some errors are bound to arise during a long period of use. Users mostly complain about the Ricoh Printer offline error that hinders them from performing print tasks.
It occurs when the printer cannot establish a good connection with the system. Besides, it can also arise due to hardware and software issues. If you’ve accidentally turned on the ‘Use printer offline’ option, you will face this error.
This article will give you different fixes to make your printer come online.
Method 1. Troubleshooting Connectivity Problems
Begin by restarting your printer. To do so, hold and press the Power button. Now, turn on your printer after a minute. Fixes connectivity issues by examining loose cable connections to the printer. Check the router, modem, and PC wiring.
If, even after fixing connectivity problems, you cannot fix the Ricoh printer offline Windows 10 problem, modify the status detection method from SNMP to WMI.
Method 2. Disable the SNMP Protocol
If your Ricoh printer cannot connect to the SNMP or WMI protocols, it’ll show a wrong printer status. Out of the two protocols, WMI is more dependable. Switching to this protocol will fix the Ricoh printer offline issue.
- On your printer, head to ‘Print and Share settings.’
- Now, choose ‘Change.’
- From the upper-right corner, select ‘Profiles.’
- Pick the ‘General Configuration’ option from the dropdown. It is below ‘Profiles.’
- Next, select ‘General Settings.’
- Now, look at the protocols to detect the printer’s status.
- Change the SNMP protocol to WMI.
- Hit ‘OK’ to save this change.
- Go back to the home screen.
- Check if the printer has come online by giving a print command.
Method 3. Make Changes in the Printer Settings
Are you still searching for a resolution for the ‘Ricoh printer offline how to fix’ on the web? It means there are some issues with the printer settings. Use these steps to rectify them.
- Hit the ‘Start’ button.
- Navigate to the search bar.
- Enter ‘control panel’ on the Windows search field.
- Hit Enter to arrive at the Control Panel window.
- In the Control Panel, there will be ‘Devices and printers.’
- Ensure that your printer model is chosen as the default printing device.
- Right-click it and tap ‘See what’s printing.’
- You must also ensure that the printer is not set as offline.
Method 4. Reinstall the Printer Driver
If you repeatedly see this error, you may wonder, why is my Ricoh printer offline? This problem can occur because of a corrupted printer driver.
Removing and reinstalling the driver is the best fix in this case. First, uninstall the driver and then install it, so it functions properly.
- Move to ‘Control Panel.’
- Here, choose ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Find your Ricoh printer.
- After that, right-tap on it.
- From the dropdown menu, choose the ‘Remove Device’ option.
- Now, you’ll see a confirmation notice on your screen.
- Tap ‘Yes’ to confirm your action.
- After uninstallation completes, head to the official Ricoh printer website.
- Choose the latest printer driver for your printer model.
- Download it on your system.
- Now, double-tap the downloaded file to perform the driver installation.
Method 5. Start the Print Spooler Service Again
An improperly running print spooler service can cause the printer to show an offline error. You may have unknowingly turned off this service. So, ensure that the print spooler service is active. Restart it if it isn’t.
- Press and hold the R and Windows keys to launch the ‘Run’ box.
- When it appears, input ‘services.msc.’
- Now hit Enter.
- In the ‘Service’ window, locate the ‘Print Spooler service.
- After finding it, right-tap it.
- From the dropdown menu, choose ‘Restart.’
Method 6. Disable the Windows Firewall
If you still find your Ricoh printer offline even after using the fixes above, consider disabling the firewall. Note that disabling it permanently is not a wise option because it protects your system from unauthorized access. But if you need to use your Ricoh printer urgently and find it offline, use this measure.
- Head to the ‘Control Panel’ on your Windows 10 system.
- You can search for it from the Windows ‘Start’ menu.
- After that, select ‘System & security’ in the Control Panel.
- Select ‘Windows Firewall.’
- This might be called Windows Defender Firewall as per your computer’s setup.
- Now, pick the option, ‘Turn Windows Firewall on or off.’
- If you don’t want to follow these lengthy steps, just use the control firewal.cpl command line.
- Now, choose the bubble beside ‘Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended).’
- If you desire to disable the firewall for private and public networks, choose ‘Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)’ in the public and private sections.
- Now, choose ‘OK’ and save the changes.
- Check if your Ricoh printer is online.
Method 7. Cancel Print Jobs
Another effective fix for the Ricoh printer offline Windows 10 is to inspect prior print jobs and cancel them. Hit the Printer key and follow these points.
- On the printer’s screen, press ‘Job Reset.’
- Now, delete the previous print jobs.
- To cancel a single current print job, hit ‘Reset the job.’
- To cancel all print jobs, hit ‘Reset all jobs.’
- You will see a confirmation message.
- To cancel print jobs, press ‘Yes.’
- Note that if you share your Ricoh printer with multiple computers, don’t accidentally cancel another person’s print jobs.
These are some of the most useful methods to fix an offline Ricoh printer. Use them, and you will be able to start using your printing device efficiently. However, don’t worry if you cannot resolve the glitch by yourself. You can fix printer errors by seeking the services of a printer technical expert.