Lexmark printers offer high-quality printing performance. However, users still face a common issue while working. This is the Lexmark Printer offline problem that hinders printers from printing documents.
Lexmark Printer keeps going offline problem generally occurs due to the printer being set as an offline or improper USB connection.
You can also face this error if you use an older version of the driver or in case of hardware faults. Fixing these causes will help you resolve the offline error. In this article, we’ll explore possible solutions for this error.
Fix 1: Reset Lexmark Printer
When the printer is not functioning correctly or is offline, try resetting it. This process refreshes and reboots the printing device. Use these steps to reset the Lexmark printer.
- Turn off and turn on the printer.
- A simple restart can also solve issues.
- Now, find the ‘Cancel’ button.
- Press this button for five seconds and then release it.
- This will reset the printer automatically.
- The lights would blink.
- When they stop blinking, restart the printer.
- After performing these steps, your printer has been reset. Check if it is still offline.
Fix 2: Check the Printer Connectivity
Hardware problems often cause Lexmark printer offline Windows 10. They result in issues like paper jams. So, ensure that these issues are fixed so that the printer is connected. Ensure that the wireless or USB connection is proper. There must be no loose connection.
Fix 3: Get the Latest Printer Software
If you encounter Lexmark printer offline error in your Windows system, installing the latest drivers can also fix the problem.
- Launch ‘Printers and Scanners.’
- Now tap the ‘Add a printer or scanner’ option.
- As per your printer connection, perform one of the steps below.
- Choose a printer from the list. Now tap ‘Add device.’
- Tap ‘Show Wi-Fi direct printers.’ Choose your printer and tap ‘Add device.’
- Tap ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed.’ Now do the following from the Add Printer window.
- Choose ‘Add a printer using a …hostname.’
- After that, click ‘Next.’
- In ‘Hostname or IP address,’ input the IP address of your printer and tap ‘Next.’
- Choose a printer driver and click ‘Next.’
- Now choose ‘Use a printer driver…(Recommended).’
- Click ‘Next.’
- Input the printer name and tap ‘Next.’
- Choose a printer sharing option and tap ‘Next.’
- Finally, tap ‘Finish.’
Fix 4: Resolve Lexmark Printer Offline Mac
- Launch ‘Printers & Scanners’ on your computer.
- Tap the ‘+’ symbol and choose your printer.
- Now select a printer driver from the ‘Use’ menu.
- Choose either ‘Secure AirPrint’ or ‘AirPrint’ to use the Macintosh print driver.
- Choose the Lexmark printer driver if you want custom printing functionalities.
- Finally, add the printer.
Fix 5: Cancel Previous Print Jobs
If you are still asking why is my Lexmark printer offline, check the print jobs. It may be possible that there are many stuck previous jobs that you need to delete. They negatively affect the functioning of the printer.
- Go to the printer’s control panel.
- Tap ‘Cancel job.’
- Alternatively, you can also hit the X key on the keypad.
- Touch the print jobs you wish to cancel.
- After that, touch ‘Deleted Selected Jobs.’
- If you’ve pressed the X button on the keypad, touch ‘Resume’ to head to the home screen.
Fix 6: Restart the Spooler Service of the Printer
The Lexmark printer offline error also occurs when the spooler service is not functioning properly. Here is the procedure to restart this service.
- Open the ‘Run’ box. Use the R and Windows keys to invoke this box.
- Input ‘services.msc’ and tap ‘OK.’
- Press P to find the print spooler item.
- See if the status shows running or not.
- If you cannot view the status, right-tap on ‘Print Spooler.’
- Now, choose ‘Start.’
- Tap ‘Restart’ to restart the service.
Fix 7: Fix the Paper Jam
Paper jam also makes Lexmark printer offline. But you can troubleshoot it with these points.
- Firstly, verify that the media you are using is supported by your Lexmrk printer.
- Go through the user’s guide for information about it.
- If printing specialty media, ensure it fulfills the recommendations in the printer’s ‘Cardstock & Label guide.’
- Next, examine for obstruction on the paper and duplex path and media tray pass-through areas.
- Clean the pick roll and separator roller.
- Close the rear door while printing.
- It should also not have any signs of damage.
These handy fixes will bring your Lexmark printer online. Use them whenever you face this error. If you need more assistance to fix printer error, contact a reliable printer tech expert.