Setting up a wireless HP printer connection is extremely useful. Once you set it up, you can connect multiple devices and perform all your printing or scanning tasks. HP offers its users the Wi-Fi connection feature. Many of its printers also have the Wi-Fi option. Once you set it up, you can start printing from any device, such as your PC, laptop, or mobile.
However, it is essential to know the correct methodology of establishing a connection.
If you are wondering how to connect my HP printer to Wi-Fi, this article will prove useful. Here you will find a different way to configure your HP printer to connect wirelessly.
Method 1 – Connect Printer to Wi-Fi Via HP Auto Wireless Connect
Through the HP Auto Wireless Connect, you can automatically enable your printer to link to your wireless network. Here is the procedure to follow.
- Begin by downloading and installing the HP software for your printer on the device you are using.
- Head to the official HP Support page to download the suitable HP printer software. Here you just need to input your printer model to get the recommended software.
- After downloading the driver, adhere to the prompts on the screen to finish the installation.
- Switch on your printing device before running the software.
- Choose ‘Wireless’ when the prompt comes for selecting the connection type.
- Then tap ‘Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer ( Recommended).’
- The HP printer will connect in a few minutes.
- When the connection finishes, tap ‘Finish.’
Method 2 – Use the HP Smart App
The HP Smart App is also a viable alternative to the above option. If you are a first-time user, set up your account on the app.
If you are wondering, how do I connect my HP printer to Wi-Fi through the HP Smart App, here are the steps to execute.
- Set up your printing device and the Windows computer on a single wireless network.
- Now turn on your HP printer.
- The printer will go into Wi-Fi mode automatically. This will last for two hours.
- After that, configure the Wi-Fi setup mode on the printer.
- To do so, go to the ‘Setup’ menu and hit ‘Settings.’
- Now choose ‘Restore Network settings.’
- Access HP Smart App and choose the ‘Setup a new printer’ option.
- The app will start scanning printers in the Wi-Fi setup mode.
- After the scan finishes, tap ‘Setup.’
- The HP Smart App is now configured.
- Tap ‘Continue.’
- Now input the wireless network key or password.
Method 3 – Use the WPS Push Button Connect
Do your printer and router support the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option? If yes, it’s easy to connect the printer to the Wi-Fi with the WPS Push-button. This button is present on the router and the printer. Use these steps to connect an HP printer without a touchscreen to Wi-Fi.
- Keep the printer and the Wi-Fi router close.
- Now, push the Wi-Fi button on the HP printer.
- If your printer is without a touchscreen, hit the ‘Wireless’ button for five seconds till the light flashes.
- Now, hold the ‘WPS’ button on the router.
- Do it for two minutes till the connection starts.
- Let the wireless bar or light on your printer stop flashing.
- That’s it, the printer is now linked to the Wi-Fi network.
- If, in this process, the PC asks for a PIN, find it from the printer’s touchscreen/.
- Otherwise, get it from the Wi-Fi Protected Setup in the Control Panel.
Method 4 – Setup HP Touchscreen Printer Wirelessly
This method is suitable for HP printers having a wireless display. If you have a touchscreen printer and are searching for how to connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi on the web, follow this troubleshooting.
- Position your printer near the Wi-Fi router.
- Remove the USB or Ethernet cable from the printer.
- Access the printer’s control panel and touch the wireless icon.
- Now choose the network name you wish to connect to.
- Input the WEP or WPA key for connection authentication.
- In case the printer is unable to detect the network, add another network name manually.
Method 5 – Connect HP Envy Printer to Wi-Fi
HP Envy printers are quite popular devices that can be easily set up wirelessly. You can use the HP Smart App for the setup process.
- Open your Android device.
- Go to the App Store and download the HP Smart App.
- Once downloaded, tap the plus button present at the screen’s top in HP Smart App.
- It will look for the printers that are available.
- Click the ‘Setup a new printer’ option.
- Now you will see your HP Envy printer name. Click the name of the printer.
- You will now see the available network on your Android device.
- Enter the password of your network.
- After that, click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Wait till the printer setup begins.
- Now press the ‘Information’ button.
- This Information button will also start flashing on your printer screen.
- In your phone, you will see your HP Envy printer linked to the Wi-Fi.
- Tap the ‘Continue.’
- It will start checking the printer status.
- To confirm that your printer is connected to the Wi-Fi, click the ‘Print a document’ button.
- On the next page, select the number of copies and tap the blue icon.
- That’s it. You have got the answer to your query, how to connect my HP Envy printer to Wi-Fi.’
Method 6 – Use the HP Wireless Direct to Connect Printer Wirelessly
You can also connect your printer wirelessly via the HP Wireless Direct.
- Go to the printer’s control panel and enable HP Wireless Direct.
- Now, tap its icon and navigate to ‘Network Setup/Wireless Settings.’
- Link to the HP Wireless Direct on your smartphone or PC.
- Enter the WPA2 password when you get the prompt.
- Access the document you wish to print on your preferred device.
- Tap ‘File’ followed by ‘Print.’
There are various methods to connect HP printers to Wi-Fi. Use the one as per your printer model and start printing seamlessly. If you encounter any issues or need to fix printer errors, seek professional assistance.