The Brother HL-2270dw is a well-designed, monochrome laser printer with in-built wireless and ethernet network interfaces. It is perfect for small office or home printer sharing. When you carry out Brother HL-2270dw wireless setup, you can print from anywhere with minimal issues.
In this guide, you will find the exact process to leverage its wireless feature and set it up on different devices. After reading it, you won’t feel confused about any aspect of the printer setup process.
Ways to Setup Brother HL-2270dw Wirelessly on Windows
Before going ahead, examine the settings of the wireless router, wireless access points, and printer settings. You must also be aware of your wireless network name and password.
Way 1: Unpack the printer and connect the power cable.
To connect the Brother HL-2270dw printer wirelessly, unpack it and get rid of the packaging materials.
- Remove different stickers on the printer.
- Remove the toner cartridge inside the printer and position it again.
- After placing the cartridge again, close its access door.
- Next, link the power cable of the Brother HL-2270dw printer to its back side.
- After that, plug the cable in.
- At this point, don’t connect the USB cable.
Way 2: Load paper in the Brother Printer tray
The next part is to load paper into the tray.
- Pull the tray of paper out of the printer.
- Press the green paper-guide release lever. While doing so, slide the guides to fit the paper size being loaded into the printer tray.
- The paper guides must be positioned in their respective slots.
- Position the paper in the Brother printer tray.
- Place the tray of paper into the machine.
Way 3: Print a test page
- Switch on your Brother printing device.
- Let the printer boot up.
- The ‘Ready‘ LED will turn green when your printer completes the warm-up period.
- Hit the ‘Go‘ button at the top part of your printer.
- It will print a test page.
- This page should have the correct print.
Way 4: Insert the installation disc or download the printer driver.
Now, to perform the Brother HL-2270dw wireless setup take the Brother installation disc and insert it into the drive in your system.
- Hit the ‘Setup.exe’ option.
- Don’t worry if the installation disc is away from you.
- Just head to the ‘Downloads‘ page of Brother printer to get the drivers.
- You will view a window on your screen.
- Here, tap on ‘HL-2270DW.’
- Tap on the language you prefer from the list.
- Next, click the button ‘Install printer driver.’
- Tap on ‘Yes to let the application make modifications to your system.
- Review the license agreement and tap ‘Yes.’
- Now, click ‘Wireless Connection.’
- Hit’ Next.’
- You will see the ‘Brother Printing Device Installation’ window.
- Here, place a tick on the ‘Brother Peer-to-Peer Network Printer.’
- Click ‘Next‘ after that.
- Tick the option to change the firewall port settings to allow the network connection to continue Brother HL-2270dw wireless setup.
- There will be a ‘Wireless‘ option at the end of the window. Click it.
- Click ‘No‘ for using WPS to configure the wireless device.
- Place a tick beside the ‘Checked and Confirmed’ option.
- Click ‘Next.’
Way 5: Connect the USB cable to the computer.
- Check the option for temporarily using a USB cable.
- Now hit the ‘Next’ button.
- Link the USB cable from your printer’s rear to the computer.
- Let your system detect and identify the Brother printing device.
- Add the printer to the available devices list.
- Click ‘Next.’
- Tap on your wireless network from the list and hit the ‘Next’ button.
- In the ‘Network Key’ field, input your password.
- Click the ‘Next‘ button three times, followed by ‘Finish.’
- That’s it. You now know how to connect Brother HL-2270dw printer to Wi-Fi.
- When a prompt to disconnect the cable comes, do so.
Get Brother HL-2270dw Wireless Setup Using WPS Button
You can also use your Brother printer using the WPS button.
- Hit ‘Start‘ and allow your Brother printer model to come into the active state.
- Now, hit the ‘WPS’ button on the front panel of the device.
- Its lights should blink.
- If it doesn’t, you can also use the reset pinhole at the back panel of your printer.
- Take a pin that is not sharp from the front part.
- Place it in the reset pinhole, and it will connect Brother HL-2270dw printer.
- Your printer will now look for a WPS or wireless connection.
- Ensure that there is no open connection close to the printer.
Brother HL-2270dw Wireless Setup on Mac
Before beginning the setup process, you must have some settings information. These include the following:
- Network Name or SSID. It is the name of your Access Point or Wireless Network.
- The Authentication method. It can be Open System, WPA/WPA2-PSK, or Shared Key.
- Encryption Mode. It can be WEP, AES, TKIP, or None.
- Network Security Key or password. It can be the passphrase, WEP key, or Encryption Key.
Follow this simple procedure to find out how to connect Brother HL-2270dw printer to Wi-Fi on Mac.
- Turn off the power from your printing device.
- Take it out of the electrical socket.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- After that, plug your printer into the power outlet.
- Then, switch on its power.
- If you have installed the printer earlier, uninstall it from your Mac.
- Now set up your Brother printing device on the network.
- Your printer and Mac PC should be linked to the same network.
- Launch the Apple menu, and navigate to ‘System Preferences.’
- Click the ‘Printers & Scanners’ icon.
- Now, click the ‘+’ button on the left middle part of the page.
- Choose ‘Default.’
- Now from the list of printer names, select your Brother printing machine.
- After that, tap the ‘Add’ button.
- Ensure that the right printer is listed for printing.
- Exit ‘System Preferences.’
- Your Brother printer is now added to your Mac.
- You can start performing printing or scanning operations.
The process of Brother HL-2270dw wireless setup may seem a bit lengthy. However, it’s truly worth it when you are able to print from anywhere using the wireless feature of this printer. If you encounter any issues during this process, connect with a printer technical support service. The experts will fix printer errors so you can use your device without any hiccups.